Broadcast Ready Expert event
experts for the news
Thursday 15th January 2015 – 6:00pm onwards
Hosted at TNS UK (Kantar) 6, More London Place, London, SE1 2QY
By invitation only
Join us for an evening of lively debate and discussion surrounding male and female Experts on the news. Find out where national news opportunities lie. Meet other Experts going on the news or contemplating it. You can make use of this opportunity to introduce yourself and your Expert(s), in just one evening, to a high number of journalists over drinks. A first of its kind TNS poll commissioned by Broadcast Ready, about Expert Women on the news will be unveiled during the event.
Panellists, Chaired by Kerry Hopkins:
- Steve Anderson, Managing Director, NBC’s Peacock Productions former Controller of ITV Network News and Current Affairs, Creative Director of Mentorn (BBC Question Time) and Editor of Watchdog
- Natasha Shallice, Series Producer of ‘ITV’s The Agenda’
- Matt Barbet, News Anchor, ITN Channel 5 News
- Michelle Stanistreet, General Secretary, National Union Journalists (NUJ)
- Naomi Kerbel, Business News Editor, Sky News
There will be a guest slot from Professor Lis Howell of City University, the co-founder of the Expert Women campaign and Special Advisor to the House of Lords.
- Find out where the opportunities lie for industry spokespeople to get on the news to react to the news agenda
- Not everyone can be a chosen expert on the news, find out what it takes to make it and how to do it
- Find out how much progress has been made regarding gender balance on the news, what is being done and what needs to be done
- Find out what the British public think of Expert Women on the news
- Find out how credible the British public think Experts on the news are, and much more
With food and drinks reception and post panel discussion networking drinks with panellists and the audience.
Email the organiser Kerry Hopkins
Call her on 07900 981 751