promotes, develops and champions female talent
Founded in 2003, Women in the City (WiC) is a dynamic, highly respected, award-winning organisation that promotes, develops and champions female talent .
Women in the City’s Aims
- Empower, inspire and motivate professional businesswomen
- Acknowledge their success to date
- Celebrate their leadership skills
- Increase each woman’s impact and visibility in her organisation and sector
- Recognise the contribution made by women in a range of professions
- Demonstrate the value of continuous development
- Highlight the need to focus on talent pipeline and retention
- Recognise women’s contribution to the economy
- Build relationships with those who share its values and ambitions including a desire for international reach
In 2006, WiC developed the Woman of Achievement Award which recognised senior level women who, in addition to fulfilling a demanding job, actively supported the progress of women in their team, organisation and sector. The first Award Winners were announced at the Annual Lunch in 2007 and the final awards were given in November 2016 when Emma Codd of Deloitte was named that year’s overall Woman of Achievement.
In 2010, and recognising the need to develop what became known as “the talent pipeline”, WiC launched its Future Leaders Award which aimed to identify women with the potential to become senior managers (including C-suite) within a 5-7 year period.
Women in the City’s Services
Today, we work with a wide range of organisations to help them reach and engage with our database and wider community of influential business women through
- Sponsorship and Partnership – Specific events, activities and initiatives, tailored to the needs of corporates and brands
- Online Promotions – Offers, discounts, services, products